‘Tis the season to be jolly. And also when your schedule becomes jam packed with holiday parties, family commitments and where temptations of unhealthy food is all around us and we become so busy we lose sight of eating healthy.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be eating a fair few gingerbread men and mince pies (GF of course) over the next month too. But sometimes, you just need something healthy and cleansing to reset your body in the midst of all that gluttony.
I love this both warm and cold. I also added chicken to mine one day this week which was delicious – even though I’m trying to follow a more vegan friendly diet these days. So if meat’s your thing – throw it in!
Recipe (makes enough for 2-4 people)
- 2-3 cups cooked orzo – I love it when the orzo is hot, it really warms the salad
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Season to taste
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup kale, roughly chopped then baked in the oven with some oil for 15-20 minutes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 cups of rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Top with a few dollops of vegan cream cheese!
- Into a large bowl, combine all your ingredients but your cheese! Stir until well combined then add garnish like extra herbs, your favourite cheese and a drizzling of your finest olive oil.
And it’s that simple! Enjoy lovely!